How To Save on Your Winter Heating Bills
Tips for lowering your home heating costs
Autumn is a good time to make sure your western North Carolina home is prepared for the winter. There are a few simple steps you can take now that will help you save money on your heating bills. By following these simple steps, you’ll do even more than reap the benefits on your heating bills. You’ll also be taking steps to avoid unwanted (and expensive) surprises by making sure your heating equipment is in good working order. Finally, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing that your home is ready to keep your family safe and warm regardless of what this winter’s weather has in store.
Follow the steps below and you’ll enjoy lower heating bills this winter:
- Install caulk, weather-stripping, and door sweeps. These will help your home keep warm air inside and cold air outside. (This will also save you money during the summer months because your home will stay cooler, and you won’t have to run your AC as much.)
- Make sure all your vents and baseboards are clear. You don’t want your furniture, drapes, or rugs to block the warm air your heating system is creating.
- Start using a programmable thermostat. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you can save up to 10% each year on your heating and cooling bills by adjusting your thermostat’s setting a few degrees for a few hours each day.
- Check to make sure that your heating system is working. It should start up after a few minutes if you raise the thermostat five degrees above current room temperature.
- Schedule a service visit for your heating equipment. Yearly maintenance can prevent your heating system from losing up to 5% in efficiency yearly. Also, a service technician will be able to identify and address small problems before they become big or expensive problems.
- Sign up for automatic propane delivery with James Oxygen & Supply. In addition to simplifying your life by removing the need to monitor your propane levels and call for deliveries, our automatic delivery customers enjoy a 20¢ per gallon discount. That’s real savings that will add up yearound!
James Oxygen & Supply has been a reliable source of propane in western North Carolina for over 60 years. We are family-owned and service-focused. If you’d like to become a James Oxygen & Supply customer, we offer hassle-free switching with no installation fees or minimums. We even give new customers a first-fill discount!
Become a James Oxygen & Supply customer, and enjoy the benefits of worry-free propane delivery service! Contact us today to learn more.