Propane Patio Heaters: Choosing The Best One For You
One of the best ways to take the edge off a chilly evening of barbecue and stargazing here in western North Carolina is to invest in a propane patio heater – a versatile piece of equipment that can extend your family’s outdoor living season by a month or more.
In the market for a propane patio heater this spring?
Five important factors in buying a patio heater.
- Power – How much – and how far – your patio heater throws heat is perhaps its most important feature. Keep in mind that heating diameter can vary between two models even if they have similar power outputs, so make sure you choose a unit that covers the area you need to heat (it’s a good idea to measure your outdoor entertainment area before you start shopping).
- Configuration – Do you want a portable, freestanding, or wall-mounted propane heater? Your space will go a long way toward helping you to determine what model works best.
- Safety features – The most common safety feature on freestanding patio heaters is an anti-tip shut-off. Other safety features to look for in all models include an oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) and an overfill protection device (OPD).
- Efficiency – Find your heater’s AFUE (annual fuel utilization efficiency) rating. AFUE is a lot like MPG for your car: the higher the number, the more efficient your heater is. Two patio heaters with similar specs can vary in AFUE, so do your research!
- Style and finish – Patio heaters are available in a range of styles and finishes – from modern stainless and brushed copper to painted enamel.
You’ve earned your outdoor time this spring – why not enjoy it to the fullest with a little help from James Oxygen and propane gas? Contact us today to learn more about propane patio heater possibilities, along with outdoor living options ranging from freestanding and built-in propane grills to propane fire pits and more.
Please note: At James Oxygen, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our COVID-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep your family and our crews safe and your propane deliveries coming during this challenging time.