Propane Tank Size Options
Which One Is Right for You?
At James Oxygen, we know propane. We provide both residential and commercial propane delivery in Western North Carolina. Not only do you get reliable propane delivery with us, but our residential automatic delivery customers save 20 cents per gallon! So there’s no reason to hesitate to fill your tank. Speaking of tanks, let’s take a look at propane tanks and the various sies they come in.
Who Needs a Propane Tank?
There are lots of reasons homes have a propane tank. Here are some reasons your home needs a propane tank as well as reasons you may need a larger capacity tank:
- You use propane appliances in your home.
- You use propane to heat your home.
- You’re renovating your home and want to add propane appliances and/or heating.
- You’re building an addition to your home and will need propane for more appliances and/or heating.
What Size Propane Tanks Are There?
There are a number of common propane tank sizes for residential and commercial uses.
- 120-gallon tanks: These tanks are well-suited for homes that use propane for two or more propane appliances. Some of the propane appliances you may have in your home include ranges or cooktops, clothes dryers, water heaters, space heaters, and fireplaces. This is not an appropriate size tank for a home that uses propane for heating. You’ll need something larger for whole-house heating.
- 250-gallon tanks: Tanks of this size are appropriate for a home that uses propane for supplemental heating or with two propane appliances such as a water heater, generator, or pool heater. You’ll need something larger for whole-house heating or if you have many appliances running on propane.
- 330-gallon & 500-gallon tanks: Either of these tanks is well-suited for homes that use propane for whole-house heating. Which size is right for your home will depend on a few factors including the dimensions of your home and your average monthly propane usage. These tanks can support a household that uses 100 to 200 gallons of propane a month.
- 1,000-gallon tasks: Tanks of this size are most commonly used in commercial or industrial settings. However, if you have a very large home and/or all your appliances run on propane, you may need a tank of this size.
If you need portable propane cylinders for your grill, deck heater, patio heater, or firepit, James Oxygen has you covered. We have 10 cylinder refill stations all around western North Carolina. And we’re offering $20 refills for 20-pound grill propane tanks!
James Oxygen & Supply
James Oxygen & Supply is a family-owned business that is focused on service. In addition to oxygen, we offer quality propane products and services. In fact, we’ve been a reliable source of propane and propane products in western North Carolina for more than 60 years.
Contact James Oxygen & Supply today to learn more or to schedule a propane delivery.